10 things that pisses off bookworms
First blog post for my ‘Unfathomablereads Blogmas countdown to Christmas series’. If it has good feedback, I might do it next year, if not.. Eh.
- When you finish a book in a series but you haven’t purchased the next book yet, so you’re left with a cliffhanger..
- Having a budget for the books you’re going to buy. I mean seriously?! How can you have a budget when you plan to buy the whole bookstore?
- When someone says, “Buying a book is such a waste of money. Go borrow one from the library instead.” -EXCUSE YOU. Do you not understand the art of bibliophile? Borrowing a book and having one of your own is different okay. Would you tell a gadget nerd to borrow a camera from someone instead of buying his own? NO.
- When someone says, “You have too many books.” -EXCUSE YOU AGAIN. There is no such thing as too many books. Would there ever be too much food for a foodie? So you understand.
- When you forget to update your Goodreads ‘Currently Reading’ and finds out only after you finished the book.
- When your book is wrapped and you try to take a picture with flash and it all goes tumbling down…
- When someone says that the book you’re reading is overrated but you enjoyed it immensely. (Divergent side of me comes out and knock the wind out of them)
- When a non-reader criticise a book and then you realise that they never actually read it. (Dafuq?!)
- When a non-reader says that the movie sucks, so the book must suck too. (Celaena! I need your help..)
- When you need to go through the trouble of planning ahead of time of the amount of money you are going to spend on books next year.
2 more Extra!
- When people (especially my dad, for example) don’t understand why we bookworms have the need to buy books, and (like point number 3.) that is a waste.
- When they don’t understand, nor does it affect them, but still want to judge and criticise our (book-loving) community anyway -.-
That’s all I have for today’s Blogmas, hope you liked it! Share or like this if you enjoyed it 🙂 Add me on my Social media, YouTube, Goodreads etc- all can be found in the menus and the bottom.
Follow this blog by email so you won’t miss anything!
Have a wonderful Holiday and enjoy the coming Christmas!
Love, JiaMing ❤️